A complete evolution for the Tech-1 KX Shoe offers serious kart drivers optimized levels of fit, flexibility and lightweight performance. With a completely new seamless thermo-welded construction for superior feel, plus a new design for anatomical profile especially on toe area, the Tech-1 KX also incorporates an innovative asymmetric closure system for progressive fit and support as well as an ultra-thin Formula 1 specification sole for grip and sensitivity on the pedals.
• Designed and developed specifically for the stresses of kart racing.
• Advanced seamless thermo-welded construction consisting of PU film and 3D mesh for ultralightweight performance, with no pressure points on foot for improved comfort and superior feel.
• 3D mesh on tongue and collar, plus perforations on shoe’s lateral and medial sides offer optimum breathability and internal cooling.
• External heel, ankle and internal toe reinforcements for abrasion resistance and protection.
• Alpinestars’ lace-lock system constructed from an advanced polymer resin guarantees quick, precise and secure closure of the shoe.
• Collar padding constructed from Nitrile rubber for comfort and weight-saving.
• Soft microfiber collar is cut lower at the rear to allow greater Achilles’ heel comfort and improved range of movement.
• Innovative Alpinestars foot counter for maximum performance: an ergonomic, polypropylene heel counter provides support and stability inside the shoe, while a flatter forefoot with die-cut ribbing provides greater feel on the pedals.
• Ultra-thin Formula 1 specification sole uses Alpinestars exclusive rubber compound for pedal sensitivity and grip, in both wet and dry conditions.